Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Welcome to Africa!

After a grueling ten hour flight we arrived in Windhoek at 5am this morning. Ben had the biggest smile on his face and we couldn't stop catching each others eyes and smiling ! As we walked off the plane together, I was about to take my first step on African soil when I looked down at a grasshopper the size of my hand! I managed to miss it as we all laughed and walked on. On the way to the city we drove through country side. suddenly up ahead crossing the road was a whole troop of baboons, babies and all! We also saw a giraffe, hartabeest, and zebra. It was an amazing site for our jet lagged eyes to take in. it was Africas welcome for us :)
We are now chilling at the hotel until we go to a big cat center later. The picture is the pool at the hotel. Love you all!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment