Sunday, August 5, 2012

Barren Land

Image Credit:

I lower my head, and struggle against the wilt
The beautiful yellow orb in the sky once my savior
Now my demise

My roots reach down as far as they can
But come up short of the liquid of life
Is it because of man?

My leaves are turning brown, and shriveling away
I don't know how much longer
I can go on living this way

There are theories, discussions, politics and strife
All of those things seem miniscule to me now
All I want is my life

I look down to the earth
Once my greatest ally and friend
Sadness rips through my heart
To see this barren land

I long for the days
When we were gifted by the sky
I look up to the cloudless blue
And I try not to cry

Soon my roots will tire, my leaves will fall
And I will shrivel away
I try my best to go on, to stay strong
In hopes of change
If only for today

No comments:

Post a Comment